The Automation API uses semantic versioning.
About entire API versioning
Breaking changes are only released in new major versions of the API with the following exceptions:
- Endpoints that are not yet in use may contain breaking changes in a minor version (1.x).
- Important security bugs that break backward compatibility fixes may be released in a minor version. All API changes are available in the API changelog
Breaking changes include the following types of changes:
- Removing an entire operation.
- Removing or renaming a parameter.
- Removing or renaming a response field.
- Adding a new required parameter.
- Making a previously optional parameter required.
- Changing the type of a parameter or response field.
- Removing enum values.
- Adding a new validation rule to an existing parameter.
- Changing authentication or authorization requirements.
Any additive (non-breaking) changes will be available in all supported API versions. Additive changes are changes that should not break an integration. Additive changes include:
- Adding an operation.
- Adding an optional parameter.
- Adding an optional request header.
- Adding a response field.
- Adding a response header.
- Adding enum values.
When Kameleoon releases a new major API version, the previous API version will remain supported for at least 3 more months.
Specifying an API version
By default, https://api.kameleoon.com uses the most current API. You can specify a specific API version by including it in the URL. For example, https://api.kameleoon.com/v1/. When released, the next major version of the API will be available at https://api.kameleoon.com/v2.
About API per-endpoint versioning
Some endpoints allow you to specify a specific version of that endpoint to use. For example, you might want to use a newer version of one specific endpoint than the rest of your API calls. Where available, use the
version parameter to specify your desired endpoint version.
However, when a new major version is released, all previous versions are removed. For example, if an endpoint has version 1 and version 2 in the 1.0.0 API version, the 2.0.0 API version will only contain the latest version of the endpoint.